Gulf Air To Close Routes For Commercial Reasons14-02-2012
- Airline to focus on higher traffic routes -
Manama, Bahrain 14 Feb 2012: Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air is announcing the closure of its services to four destinations; Damascus, Athens, Milan and Kuala Lumpur. Services to Damascus will be stopped from 02 March while flights to Athens and Milan will be stopped from 12 March and Kuala Lumpur will be from 25 March 2012. This follows the announcement of the closure of Entebbe and Geneva routes earlier this month.
The move comes as the airline seeks to address the economic challenges faced in recent times; in particular, the local and regional political situation, the high price of fuel and low passenger numbers.
The decision has been taken to allow the airline to use its fleet and resources in the most efficient way by concentrating on high-demand, high-yield routes to ensure that its core customer base is served effectively.
Gulf Air’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Samer Majali said: “It is currently a challenging business environment for airlines around the world. These closures are pragmatic commercial decisions aimed at focusing services on routes with higher passenger traffic. Our commercial strategy, developed in 2009, delivered significant gains in 2010 but last year has been challenging. Therefore, we are now adapting our approach to address the challenges on an urgent basis.”
Gulf Air realizes that this will be disappointing news to some of its customers and regrets the inconvenience this may cause. Passengers, who have confirmed bookings (both onward and return) to these destinations on or after 02 March /12 March /25 March, are being informed of the closures. Customers are requested to contact Gulf Air World Wide Contact Centre on + 973 17373737 or local contact centres for alternate travel options or refunds. The details of local contact centres are available at www.gulfair.com.
- Kuota Haji Malaysia Kurang 20 Peratus Tahun Ini
- Lanjutan masalah visa umrah- masa sah visa 15 Hari
- Tempoh visa umrah dihad 14 hari
- AIRASIA X TO LAUNCH KUALA LUMPUR - JEDDAH, SAUDIA ARABIA ROUTE
- Syarat Terbaru Yang Dikenakan Oleh Kedutaan Arab Saudi
- 58 new aircraft boost Saudia services
- PENJELASAN BERITA
- PEMBATALAN PAKEJ AKIBAT PENOLAKAN VISA KEPADA JEMAAH WANITA / LELAKI BAWAH UMUR TANPA MAHRAM
- PERATURAN PERMOHONAN VISA
- Saudi Arabian Airlines told to pull up its socks
- Umrah season begins
- No plans to halt Umrah visas in 2013
- Tarikh Cuti Sekolah 2013
- Berita Baik Terkini
- Berpuasa dan beraya di Mekah
- SELAMAT MENYAMBUT KEDATANG RAMADHAN AL MUBARAK
- Egypt Air: Air Zam-Zam 5 Liter
- Notis Masalah Ketibaan dan Kepulangan Di Terminal Haji Jeddah
- Notis Pengumuman: Penginapan Hotel Di Makkah Cuti Sekolah Mei / Jun 2012
- Gulf Air To Close Routes For Commercial Reasons
- Hotel Pajakan Andalusia Akan Dirobohkan
- Visa umrah mula keluar Ahad